
Well, I just got some more of my Holiday letters sent out today. Sorry to anyone that I didn't get your address and sorry they are late. Anyway, today was such a fun day!! (Except for the fact that I couldn't find my new digital camera so I had to take pictures with my regular camera and Walmart's photo machine was broken so I had to send my film off and now I have to WAIT to get them back to put them on my blog!!) After our terribly late night... we all slept in until about 9:00 in the morning. Then we got up and had breakfast and got ready for SLEDDING!!!!
We went to the hill at our Junior High School and ended up staying for over 3 hours. It was such a blast! Our little guy wouldn't quit. He just kept going up and down and up and down. He didn't even care what sled it was on, he would just get to the top of the hill and get on any sled he could find. The only problem is that he would have a hard time bringing them all the way back up the hill, so someone would usually have to help him. Tyra wouldn't quit either. When it was time to leave, just when I would think that we had every one rounded up and ready to go, she would be back down at the bottom of the hill again. We finally had to act like we were leaving her to get her to get in the car. Her cheeks were so wind burnt, but it didn't seem to bother her at all. By the time we left, TJ was ready to go, but I think that was just because he really wanted some hot chocolate. Tommy didn't feel very good so he just helped push people down, but he didn't ever go down himself. I felt bad for him. My sister-in-law, Alison and I had tons of fun. We kept trying to race each other down. Her husband Troy had made a really fun sled but it was really skinny so we started going down on it on our bellies and on top of each other. I think most of the fun was just because we were laughing so hard all of the way down. Grandpa Tom even went down a few times. Grandma Jeanne stayed back and made chili for everyone. A bunch of Troy's side of the family came too and they brought a little snow mobile. They let all of the kids try to drive it. Tyra was a maniac! She scared me to death watching her drive it. The schools fence has big metal poles and just one line of thick wire that hangs from pole to pole. Well, Tyra ended up close lining herself and getting knocked off of the back of the snow mobile. Thank goodness she wasn't going very fast. Crazy girl!!! Well, after sledding, we all went to Troy and Alison's house for chili and hot chocolate. Tommy had his "Rock Band" game in the car from last night so we ended up bringing it in and playing it. We ate and then played until about 7:00 at night. It was so much fun! The kids have school tomorrow so they had to get right to bed after we got home. Today was a great start to the Happy New Year!! I hope everyone else had a great day too!



No comments:
Post a Comment