Can I tell you how bummed I was when I found out that both my sister-in-law AND my sister got tickets to the David Archuleta Concert in Idaho Falls??? But sadly to say, there was nothing I could do about it since it sold out in about 4 minutes!
Apparently since it sold out so quickly, David decided to do another concert in Pocatello at the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Well, I also did not get tickets to that one, since it sold out in about 15 minutes. I guess Z103 had bought several tickets to use as 'giveaways' and hadn't used them all up. They emailed a friend of Alison's, who then told Jeanne (my mom-in-law), who then jumped on the phone right away to see if she could get any. She asked them how many tickets they had left and they said, "About 15 minutes ago we had 60. But now we only have 10." So of course she hurried and bought two.
Jeanne called to invite me to go and I was extatic but I believe I hid it well. Especially since I didn't know yet if I'd for sure be able to go. Luckily I worked things out, so I hurried and got things ready for the day.
After a FULL morning of preparing for and having Acheivement Days, then going straight to the doctor for little Dylan and Braxton, I was just about to meet my mom-in-law before heading to Pocatello. I then found out that she had gotten the flu and wouldn't be able to go. Aawww, how sad. I felt so terrible for her. She was SO sweet to invite me to go with her and I knew how BADLY she wanted to go herself. But my friend, Kim Wheeler, bought the tickets from her and she met me instead. During the whole concert I kept thinking how miserable Jeanne would have been if she would have gone. The music and screaming was SO loud and the waiting was such a pain that I don't think she would've had much fun.
Kim and I got there right just after 6pm to pick up our tickets. Then we had to wait out in the FREEZING cold until 6:30pm. They wouldn't let anyone in until then. Apparently they were having troubles with setting up or something so they postponed the concert until 8pm. We did a lot of WAITING! A girl even offered me $20 bucks for my seat. I would have LOVED to go to the concert for only $15 instead of $35, but Kim wasn't about to budge. In the long run, I am SO glad we didn't too. Our seats ROCKED!!!! We sat in the, what I like to call 'The Lincoln Seats'. We were on the top balcony but very close to the stage.
Here is a picture of our view. It was pretty Awesome! The best thing is, was that we only had one other older couple right by us and they weren't screamers, so that was nice. The only thing is, if we had been in the middle of all of those crazy teenagers, we probably would have scrame and jumped around a lot more. We kind of felt dumb getting TOO overly excited about it with the company that we had. But they were really nice and they took our picture for us, so that was cool.I got pictures of the girl who was the opening act, but I really didn't like her at all, so I'm not going to post them. I guess the girl who sang at the Idaho Falls concert was much better. This one was BORING! After she sang, the stage crew took about 25 minutes SLOWLY walking around the stage getting things ready. Everyone was getting REALLY annoyed about how long it was taking to get ready. Pretty soon the whole crowd starts chanting, "WE WANT DAVID! WE WANT DAVID!"
I am thinking, "Like that is really going to do any good people. If they are not ready, they aren't ready." But eventually he did come out and YES, it was worth the wait!!
I loved so many of his songs, but I think my absolute favorite is called, "Zero Gravity" I believe. It hasn't been released yet, but I bet when it does it is going to be BIG! I got a video clip of a ton of the songs, but it was so loud that they didn't turn out real great. I will try to upload at least one though soon.
David sang a song in Spanish that he video'd, and it was Acapella, so other then the people screaming here and there it was probably the best video clip I got.
It was pretty cool because where we were sitting, we could see through the binoculars and read the list of songs he was going to sing! Well, if we squinted real hard anyway. Kim could see that "Crush" was the third from the last song, so when he ran off the stage after singing it, we were like, "WHATEVER!" We knew he'd come back out and sure enough after the encore he sang two more songs. They were at the keyboard without the band though, so that was AWESOME! Anyway, it was well worth the $35 bucks. Come to think of it... I still haven't paid Jeanne back for them yet. OH SNAP! Well, I love you mom! Thanks for being so generous and I'll call you tomorrow with some money!



1 comment:
I am not sure we can be friends anymore. David Archuleta? I am going to have to let you borrow my ipod. I am just giving you a hard time. We actually had some friends hang out with David in Utah. Kinda random. Anyway sounds like you had a good time. Is Kim married to Wade Wheeler? Another name that is a blast from the past. Good ol'Sanke River.
Post a Comment