Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

After our Easter Bunny stayed up WAY too late (past 2 a.m.), hearing the kids up at the CRACK of dawn wasn't my favorite sound in the world. It really WAS funny though. We kept hearing them whisper loudly in an excited voice, "I found another one!" and "Look over there!!" and "That one's a BIG one!!" This went on for MUCH longer then I even want to admit before I started badgering Tommy.

"We really probably ought to get up sweet heart." Minutes later... "Babe, it's SO mean to make them wait this long." And finally.... "Well, I might as well go take some pictures!"

I have started this REALLY bad habit for about the last 4 months or so, that I have been staying up every night until after midnight or 1 o'clock. (I can't even blame it on the baby. He sleeps great!) Thus, getting things done in the day has kind of been a problem. So, needless to say, spending lots of time on Easter Baskets this year was not my idea of fun.

Every year our Easter Bunny so far uses different things for baskets besides crappy cheap ones. She does this because we might as well use the baskets for something else later in the year, rather then store them the whole year just to use again at Easter time. Well, this year, the Easter Bunny took the easy way out and found some quick and easy pre-filled baskets at Walmart. NICE!!! That was fast! Much easier then thinking of something creative that could be used again.

Well, Tyra for some reason had forgotten that the Easter Bunny brings our baskets instead of us putting them out to be filled. She was SO concerned about this that she put a shoe box or some other kind of container beside every one's bunny's on the couch. It was so cute! I don't know why I didn't think of taking a picture. I tried and tried to convince her of otherwise but she wasn't having it, so I just let her go to bed and I removed her 'creativeness' from the couch as soon as she fell asleep.

Also, I am not sure where the whole "EVERY bunny in the house has to be on the couch" thing came from but (another one of Tyra's ideas!) that is how it went. TJ had a big bunny from when he was tiny and that became his Easter Bunny. And there the tradition began. That way, the Easter Bunny would know where to put each kid's basket and ALSO (and more importantly) each kid would know which basket is theirs. Thus, no fights!! YAY! Well, again, Tyra being the sweet concerned sister that she is, was worried because she didn't think that Dylan would have a bunny for Easter, so she kindly gave him one of hers. Aawww! How sweet is that? So, I figured that the Easter Bunny could set out Dylan's new bunny next year, as not to ruin the sweet sisterly loving moment.

TJ got a basket full of games. A yo-yo, chess, pool, darts, etc. Although all his games looked pretty fun, they seemed to originate from the dollar store or somewhere similar, so I figure they will be broken and can be discarded within a few weeks or so. The yo-yo has already given up the ghost, so that's one down! Can you tell I am SICK of toys already?? But TJ seemed happy with his basket, so that was good.

Tyra got a basket full of usable things. YAY! No more toys for Tyra. Well, there was one small toy. As it is, I am about ready to box up her entire room of toys because she has some serious issues as to wanting to clean it. I don't know WHERE she gets THAT from? Sometimes I can't believe that she is not from my own blood.

She got a pink camouflage bag, water bottle (which she is SO excited to use for soccer!), a head band, wallet and fishing hat, which I am SURE she will have to wear this summer when we go fishing. I was worried when she didn't get any toys if she'd be upset or not. Thank goodness she was happy!

Braxton got a whole art set complete with colored pencils, crayons, paints, drawing pad and even sidewalk chalk. I didn't even get a picture of him opening it because the second he had it out of the package he ran downstairs to start painting. He thought he hit the gold mine when he saw paints and knew that they were all HIS!

Dylan got a basket full of little farm animals. They really were so cute, but can I just say, that the Easter Bunny MUST have had a TERRIBLE time trying to find a pre-made Easter Basket that would be appropriate for a 4 month old baby. Luckily she found this one! Dylan of course seemed happy with it, but when does he not? He is such a smiley baby!

Well, after much coercing and pleading, we got Tommy up the stairs so the kids could open their baskets and the next thing I know, he is laying down on TJ's bed. WHAT????? Eventually he came out and this is where he ended up! Too many late nights for him, apparently. Actually, he does great with the super late nights, just NOT the early mornings.




After the kids opened their baskets they couldn't hardly WAIT to go on their Easter egg hunt. The only way I could see how this would be fair and fight free, was to let each kid find 10 eggs at a time. We did this several times each until they couldn't find anymore. Although, at least three others were found later in the day. Man, that Easter Bunny sure hides 'em good!! (That was the HE Easter Bunny not the SHE one!)

TJ of course found the trickier ones! He has become savvy to the Easter Bunny's ways because of his many years of experience in Easter Egg Hunts!

Tyra on the other hand for some reason even has to do a little pose as she is getting the egg. She has done this since she was tiny. Reason enough to make me believe that one day she will be a beautiful dancer or even.. model, respectively. (I take LOTS of pictures!)

Braxton did pretty well for himself until it came down to the last few. We played "Hotter - Colder" with him a few times. By the way, there's no electricity going into those wires, for all of you who thought I was crazy, when seeing this picture. Isn't remodeling fun?

Here are the kids and all of their loot. It will be fun next year when Dylan can be a little more involved in the hunt!

After the kids got done, I hurried and took a shower. While I was in there I keep hearing all kinds of noise. Apparently, Tommy was playing the "Hotter - Colder" game with all of them. One kid would hide an egg and then the other two would find it. They were having such a blast! I love when Tommy plays with the kids so cute! He has much more stamina then I do when it comes to that. Our kids really like to rough house with dad. Besides that, it's always good to redeem yourself after sleeping in WAY too long on Easter morn!!

Later in the day we went to Tom and Jeanne's for a "Family Get Together". We seem to use every birthday and holiday and many days in between for reason to get together with this family. Grandma had tons of good food, like usual, and she got each one of the kids a little Easter basket filled with goodies to take home. She's so sweet!

For several of the last get togethers I have either not felt well or some other excuse for me not playing Ping Pong. So today I was determined that I would Ping Pong myself out! I had a BLAST!!! I love Ping Pong. My dad had a table when I was growing up and I have loved it ever since. I beat everyone in the house except Grandpa Tom, but we are going to have a match sometime soon. I did beat Tommy, but he was sure to let me know that he wasn't trying that hard!! Of course! Actually, he has played much more aggressive then today, but either way, it sure was fun to win!!

We stayed at Grandma's until it was time to get the kids to bed. By the time we got home their sugar highs had ran out and they were ready to hit the hay. What a fun Easter! I hope everyone else had just as great of an Easter as we did!!

4 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

what a fun Easter you guys had! And what a fund tradition with the easter baskets, I'll have to remember that! Dylan is getting sooo big! We really need to get together sometime!

Anonymous said...

Loraine.....Your an awesome mom! What fun! We need a tradition.

I have had a few too many late nights myself......Ooppps.

Love your new background and picture!!

Your kids are so adorable!!!!!!

Look at your wonderful family. Isn't it so fun?

:)

Cat said...

Hey thanks for the frugal blog idea. It does have some neat ideas.

Yeehaw said...

You have such beautiful children!
:-)