Friday, October 22, 2010

One week left to go!!

I figured since I haven't blogged about anything in forever, that I had probably ought to now. As of today I have 7 days until my baby is due. I am getting very anxious, nervous AND excited!! I still need to pack my bag and set up the baby bassinet, but everything else is ready to go. I can't believe it's so close. I just found out that the midwife that is going to be on call the weekend that I'm due is the one that I'd prefer not to have. She is very sweet but I don't feel real safe around her for some reason. I hope if I end up with her, that that feeling changes or it's not going to be the experience that I've hoped for.

Tommy, my mom and sister and going to be the three people allowed in the room while I labor. JaNae is going to be the photographer and mom and Tommy are going to be there to help me through it. I am going to try to do it natural, but having never been through it before, I am not sure if I am capable of that or not. I guess the main thing it depends on is how long my labor lasts. It would be SO nice if I lucked out and didn't have a real long one, but they say that usually your first is the longest, so who knows? I am not quite sure what Braxton Hicks feel like, but I don't think I have had any so far. I have been taking some herbal pills that are suppose to keep you from getting them. Maybe they are working. I do contract quite often, but nothing that causes me pain. The last few days I have felt great! JaNae said that that is the Calm before the Storm. I wonder if she is right.

I have yet to finish the pregnancy book that I started reading months ago called, "Birthing Within". It is a pretty good book other than the section on art seemed to be WAY too long. I even LIKE art, but it drove me crazy how long it was. The only other pregnancy book I read all the way through was one called "The Real Deal Guide to Pregnancy" which was actually really good. It was a fun and easy to read book. I've started so many others that bore me to death so I don't finish them. The first trimester I always felt too sick to read, the second I was too busy and the third I was too tired most the time. Although I absolutely LOVE books, I really don't have a whole lot of time to read them.

Tommy took a bunch of pictures of me and my pregnant belly about a week ago. Here are just a few. Keep in mind that although it looks like I swallowed a basketball.... I really didn't!!






Well, wish me luck! Hopefully I'll be able to update again soon.

3 comments:

Goodwin Family said...

Oh my gosh! I'm soooooo excited for you and can't wait for this baby to get here!!! Keep me posted!!

grammie kim said...

good luck, it is an experience that is so amazingly painful but remarkable it is hard to describe. love you and hope you have a great experience.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you guys!!! You have such a beautiful family! Love you guys and hope all is going well for you. :)