Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A fun day with the kids!!

Although it was a difficult anniversary, today was actually a pretty fun filled day. Aside from making 3 meals, most of the day was playing. The kids are now out of school for 2 weeks for harvest vacation. After breakfast, we started off the day by decorating shoe boxes and making them into little play houses. It was a lot of glue, glitter, paint and stickers. Tommy even brought in a small piece of some unused carpet to use as flooring for their houses. Later, while Braxton was asleep, we played the board game, "Mouse Trap". Tyra kept asking me if we could make cookies and I told her we would have to go to town and buy the stuff to put in them, like chocolate chips and stuff. She told me that she wanted to put marshmallows in them. So, we got on the internet and found a recipe for Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies from "A Taste of Home". They actually turned out pretty good. The kids absolutely love to take turns dumping the ingredients in the bowl and stirring it all. We make a mess but it sure is fun! After cookies we had a pizza picnic out on the trampoline. Then we jumped until I couldn't jump anymore. The kids continued for quite sometime though. When Tommy got home I helped him start to dig for a sidewalk that we are going to put around our house. See, I actually did do a little work today!! Braxton's maternal birth Grandmother called for the first time today. It was neat to have him get to talk to her. She is so sweet. She said that his birth mom got out of jail today. I am hoping that she will write to me soon so that we can have a visit together. I pray for her often and hope that she can get her life straightened out. I really need to call Braxton's paternal birth Grandma and his birth father. We haven't talked to them in quite a while. I hope they are all doing good. Anyway, today was a great day!
Oh, last night at our soccer game, I got to make two shots for the goal. Of course they didn't go in, but at least I got to shoot. It has been so fun playing this year because we have a really fun team. The guys actually give the girls a chance sometimes. I have only played for a few years, which was several years ago, so it has been fun to start playing again. I do have to say that I am way better than I used to be though. My absolute favorite thing to do is to get it away from a guy when he thinks he is all HOT STUFF. That totally makes my night! We have another game tomorrow night, so we will see if I can do it again. It is all so much fun.

No comments: