Saturday, November 17, 2007

A new baby boy is here!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Right now I am having one of those moments where I just feel like I need to write. On the very first blog I wrote on this blogspot I mentioned that we had been corresponding with a birth mom starting in August. She was writing to us and another couple and eventually chose the other couple to place her baby with. We have become such good friends with both her and the other adoptive couple since then. It really has been quite a story. In fact, Zack and Julie, the other couple, wrote about it on their blogspot. I have added a link to their page so you can read about it from their point of view. They wrote about their adoption story on October 5th and the 12th. Anyway, everything from this situation has been such a spiritual experience for me because Heavenly Father was so involved and definitely had his hands in things to make everything work out the way it did. When we were fasting for Shonda it was so awesome because it was like Heavenly Father was giving us the same answer that he was giving her. I came to KNOW that her little guy was meant for the other family and the coolest thing about it, is that Heavenly Father even pointed out to me which family that would be. It was such a neat experience.

Well, the birthmom, Shonda, has just had her baby and they are getting ready to do the placement either today or tomorrow. I hurt so much inside for Shonda I just want to cry. It is sooooooo hard seeing birthmom's go through this. Tommy and I both think that placing a child for adoption is the most Christlike thing a person can ever do. You'd have to have sooooo much love for that child to be able to have the strength and courage to do something like this. Yet, on the other hand, I am so excited for Zack and Julie. Like I've said before, adoption placements really are such bitter sweet moments in life. I pray that all goes well with their placement. I am sure it will. God has helped them through so much so far, I know he will be there for them at the placement. We all can't wait to have another little spirit come into our home. But it is just so hard praying for a baby when you know it is going to bring so much hurt to someone else. It really is such a strange feeling knowing and feeling such a strong love for someone that you have never met. For birthmoms it's usually their first experience with any of this so they have to grow into having that love for the adoptive parents, but with adoptive parents, especially if they have adopted before, feel an immediate love for their birthmoms. As much as I would love to give birth to a child, if I were ever given the choice, I would never give up the experiences that I have had through adoption. It has made Tommy and I both grow so much as people and has made us feel so many strong emotions that we would have never felt otherwise. It has made us less judgmental and more sensitive to others. It has helped us conquer some of our fears and learn to trust others more. It has made our marriage stronger and has brought our families closer together. Adoption has been such a great blessing in our lives. I am so thankful to the Lord for having given us this challenge, because to us it has never been a challenge.... it's only been three wonderful experiences that have made us who we are today.

Good luck and congrats to Zack and Julie! Shonda, remember who you are and that God loves you and is always there for you. We are praying for you always.

No comments: