
Usually every year we have a big family get together with Tommy's family and have a big fireworks show of our own. The big kids (meaning all of the adult men) let off all of their fireworks and the little kids get to play with sparklers, snakes, smoke bombs and all that jazz. But this year Alison's family and Grandpa Tom had to be down to Trey's baseball tournament, so tonight we decided to head north. We went to the big fireworks show up by my parents house. We didn't park quite as close as I would have liked but we didn't want to have to fight the crowds afterwards either. So, I was okay with it.
Tommy let the kids sit up on top of the car to watch the show. They thought that was pretty cool!
They thoroughly enjoyed their candy and bubblegum while they watched the fireworks.... if you couldn't tell!
I love firework shows that are synchronized to music. It makes the overall effect so much better! They say that this is one of the BIGGEST shows west of the Mississippi, but who knows?
Even Meeko got to come with us tonight. I thought she might be scared of the big booms, but it didn't bother her at all. She's a good dog. Although she does drastically need a haircut!
Okay, so I took a TON of pictures of fireworks and this is the ONLY one that actually turned out good. Oh, well! It was fun taking them. The show was GREAT! I would definitely go again!
I am so unbelievably thankful for this country. I am glad I was born here and I am glad I will die here. I am also so grateful for all of the men who fight to protect us and our rights. With out them, America would not be what it is today. Thanks to my Grandpas and ALL of the men who have ever fought for this country. We love you all!



1 comment:
Your craft idea things are so cute! I am trying to link our blogs and it isn't working!!! I will keep trying! Any ideas? Your kids are so adorable!
Post a Comment