Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! 2007

glitter graphics
Today was so much fun for the kids! Actually, all week we have been having fun things to do so far. On Saturday night, Tommy and I went to a Halloween Party. It was tons of fun. Tommy has a funny costume from last year but when I got it out this year I couldn't find one of the parts to make it work, so he couldn't wear it. At the last minute he decided to dress up like a soccer player,...THAT was easy!! I went shopping and got a costume of a.... well, something. I am not sure if I was a witch or who? But they took pictures of us there so as soon as I get them I will post them. I will post some of last year too, so you can see Tommy's costume. It really was good.

Anyway, Monday night we went to a Family Halloween Party and the kids got to dress up. We didn't stay too long to that one though because I got a huge headache. Besides Tommy stayed home sick too.












Then Tuesday Braxton got to have a party at his pre-school. He dressed up as Spiderman!! The first year we had him he was a hunter, then a fireman, which actually is what TJ was at those ages too. This is the first year he was something different. He wanted to be a Spiderman last year too and didn't get to, so he was super excited. I'm sure he will want to be him next year too. It'll probably be the black spiderman though.

Well, then today, all of the kindergartners got to wear their costumes to school, so Tyra dressed up like a cheerleader. So far, she has been a Bronco's Cheerleader, Tender Heart Care Bear, Strawberry Shortcake, a Pirate, a Witch and now a regular Cheerleader. I will post pictures of all of the kids costumes from each year on their individual pages soon. Anyway, she got to do tons of fun Halloween things at school. They played lots of Halloween games.

After school Tyra went to dance to ANOTHER Halloween Party!! The parents only got to go in the last 15 minutes of class, so I took a few pictures. She seemed to have tons of fun! This picture is of Tyra and her two really good friends from dance, Aubrey and Halli. We carpool with them every week. Aubrey and Halli are sisters. Aubrey has been dancing with Tyra since she was 2. They have so much fun together.

The "Clifford" in this picture is Miss Dana, one of Tyra's dance teachers. She owns the dance studio. It is called DSDS. The "Thing 1" is Miss Whitney. She is Dana's daughter. She is an unbelievably beautiful dancer. They are both wonderful dance teachers. All of the girls have so much fun with them. Tyra loves to be on stage but after her Christmas dance recital she is going to do gymnastics for the rest of the school year.













TJ did a lot of fun stuff at school too, he was sad because they didn't let him where his costume there. This year he was Bobo Fet from Star Wars. All three kids picked out their own costumes this year. So far, TJ has been a hunter, a fireman, a Bronco's football player, a red Power Ranger, a Bionicle, a bike racer, a ninja and Bobo Fet. He started picking his own costumes out the year he was a power ranger. I'll post pictures of past years on his page.

After school I went and picked up the kids and took them right into TJ's birth Great Grandparents house. We trick-or-treated there and then visited for a while. We all love Elvin and Betty so much. They are so wonderful to let us be a part of their lives. We kind of have started a tradition of going to see them every year on Halloween. That has been fun! It is always good to see them.

Then we went to my Grandma Dona's house. After my Grandpa died she got remarried to an awesome man named Lewis. He plays so fun with the grand kids. They love him and love to get all wound up around him. I think it drives Grandma crazy sometimes! I have actually been blessed enough to be named after this Grandma. My name is Dona Lorraine. I am so proud to have her name. There is no one that I would rather be named after. The kids trick-or-treated there too, and they played with Lewis as Grandma and I visited! He is so fun! They are great together.














We actually then, very quickly, ran over to Amber's house to trick-or-treat. Amber is Braxton's birth mom. She really wanted to see him in his costume so I thought it would be fun to take him there. Although, he left his Spiderman basket at my Grandma Dona's house so he didn't have anything to hold his candy in. We only got to stay just for a few minutes though.

Then we rushed to Alison, my sister-in-law's, church Trunk-or-treat. It got done really quick so I was glad we were there on time. The kids got tons of candy too. For anyone that might not know what a Trunk-or-Treat is, well, it's where a bunch of people decorate their car trunks and park around a huge parking lot and the kids get to go from car to car and say, "Trunk-or-treat!" It really does take some of the fun out of trick-or-treating for the kids, but it's awesome for the parents. Where we live out in the country, and that it usually gets so cold here, it really is a huge pain driving from house to house to take the kids trick-or-treating. They started the trunk-or-treating because it is so much safer doing it that way. A lot of places do that now, but there are still some who don't.


Just after that we went to Tom and Jeanne's house. They are Tommy's parents. The kid's trick-or-treated there and then played with the cousin's for a while. After that we took the kids to a huge carnival that our elementary schools put on for the kids this year. I had prepaid for enough tickets for the kids to do every game, but we didn't get there in time to finish all of them. We had dinner when we first got there and then the kids got to play. They had TONS of fun, but most parents I looked at weren't having much fun. Some of the lines to the games were really long. After the first long liner, we went to all of the games with the shortest lines. Towards the end, they were about to close it down and we had probably 30 or more tickets left, so Tommy went to the sweet shop and bought a whole bunch of rice crispy treats and cookies. Then we went home and the kids went straight to bed. They can look at all of their candy tomorrow. This year has been a REALLY REALLY fun Halloween!!

No comments: