
Tyra will absolutely never ever ever be the one to let me forget a holiday. She has been asking about her birthday for probably the last six months. She decorated our living room with all of our Easter decorations about a week ago, but was asking to, 3 weeks before that. So, since today was a Holiday, I thought it would be cool to do something fun for it. I made the kids green shamrock pancakes!! The kids loved them! Well, all of the kids wore green today. Even I had green polish on my toenails, but Tommy was a party pooper and didn't wear any. Really, he just wanted me to pinch him, I am sure!!!Tyra and I made a Leprechaun trap for her Kindergarten class. When she got off the bus today, she came running in and told me this huge story about how she almost caught a Leprechaun. It was so cute and totally animated that I finally had to stop her so I could write it down. She didn't repeat it exactly the same as the first time, but it was still cute. I have posted her version of the story on her page. Just click on the title of this blog to take you to her story. I guess those little Leprechaun's made a HUGE mess of her classroom. They took every body's candy out of their traps and they left little green footprints on everything. Tyra kept saying, "They lefted the biggest mess and we all had to clean it up." Her day sounded pretty fun. Here is a picture of her trap:
Almost all of this trap was from Tyra's ideas. Although, she wanted to use toilet paper for the clouds. I talked her into using cotton balls, but when we went shopping for supplies, our little guy actually came up with the idea of using marshmallows instead. We used honey to glue on the rainbow candy to some plastic canvas. It didn't stick as good as we had hoped so we actually had to put in a few staples. Tyra had so much fun making this trap, and really I had a lot of fun helping her. I think it turned out pretty cute!!!
Here is how the trap worked: First of all, Tyra wanted a pot at the end of the rainbow because she knew for SURE that a Leprechaun would come to that. She then put butterscotch candies in the cauldron to entice the little Leprechaun to come closer. Underneath the cauldron was a sticky trap for mice... ALL Tyra's idea. We jimmy rigged a hanger from the center of the cauldron to a plastic canvas cage that hung over head. When the Leprechaun would reach for the candy, he would step onto the sticky trap. Then he would wiggle and wiggle trying to get off of the sticky trap and that would make the green cage fall down on top of him. That was just to make absolute SURE that he wouldn't get away. We don't know what happened. Some how, the Leprechaun took ALL of the candies AND left footprints all over the trap. Man, those Leprechaun's sure are sneaky!!!!TJ wore green today too, but when I asked if he pinched anyone today, he told me that his teacher wouldn't let them. Oh, how sad!!! That is what is so much fun about St. Patrick's Day!! Oh well, he got to go to scouts after school today anyway, so that made his day tons of fun.
Our little guy had a miserable day today. He did wear green and he got to eat green pancakes but shortly after that he started complaining about being cold. He sat in his bed most of the morning trying to get warm in his blankies. Finally a while after lunch he took a nap. When he woke up from his nap he was burning up with a fever. I gave him some medicine and shortly after that he went back to sleep again. This was about 4:00 in the afternoon. NOT GOOD! He didn't sleep very long this time, but finally the medicine started to work. After dinner he just laid around too. When I'd ask him what was wrong he would say that his brain hurt! So, I asked him where his brain was and he put his hand on his chest close to his neck. I finally figured out that his throat hurts.... I think. Later, I gave him some sore throat medicine. Apparently it worked better then the ibuprofen because he finally started to act like himself again. Of course this was AFTER bedtime by now. It took him quite awhile to get back down for the night. I hope he feels better tomorrow. So, it wasn't a very happy St. Patrick's Day for him. How sad.
Well, but to everyone else... I hope you had a good one!!!!!
(Don't forget to click on the title at the top of this blog!)



1 comment:
very impressive lorraine, I'm sure this will get you lots of posibilities!!!
Post a Comment