Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Game Night!

Tonight we decided to let the kids open two gifts on Christmas Eve! Since it was Family Home Evening night anyway, we thought it would be fun to have Family Game Night!













First TJ opened one of his presents and got some really soft camouflage jammies. After everyone else opened theirs he opened his second gift and got Junior Pictionary. TJ loves to draw so I KNEW he would love this game! When we played it, Braxton couldn't draw much yet, so he got to help guess what the pictures were and actually did a pretty good job of that. He also got to roll every time for the boys team. He thought that was pretty cool. The boys ended up winning, but just by a hair!! Just kidding! They actually beat us pretty good. It was really fun to play. TJ, Tyra and I ALL love to draw. TJ was so funny though, because he couldn't quite grasp the concept of needing to draw fast. He is a little perfectionist and had to make it look just right. It was funny to watch. If I think about it later, I will scan a few pictures in and post them. They all were pretty cute.













Next Tyra got some cute pink and blue jammies and the game Junior Boggle. She has been learning how to spell new words in school so I thought she would like this game. When we played it, each player could spell the words at their level. TJ could only look at the picture and then spell the word. Tyra got a few clues sometimes and our little one got to match the letters to the word. It worked out pretty good. I think Junior games are great for kids!













Then Braxton opened his presents and got some blue Thomas the Tank Engine jammies and a Thomas ABC Game. It was basically a matching game. He is getting better at recognizing his letters, so he did pretty good at it. We had to help him a little, but he is only three. The other two did great! After playing all of the games, Tommy set the timer on the camera and we took pictures of ourselves on the couch. We took the first one and TJ said that he was sticking his tongue out, so the second one, we all decided to pull funny faces just for the fun of it. Just after the games, it was time to get the kids in bed. We let them stay up a little later then usual so they would get to sleep quick so Santa could come. As it was, TJ couldn't fall a sleep for anything. He kept tossing and turning and then he would come tell me that he just couldn't go to sleep. It was so cute! He was just TOO excited for Santa to come!!! Eventually they all got to sleep though. I put out 2 cookies and some milk for Santa. I hope he likes them!

No comments: