Sunday, October 12, 2008

It snowed, it snowed!!!

Our first snowfall was actually the night before last, but it was only a tiny bit and had melted by mid morning. So, this morning, when we looked outside and saw tons of snow, this is how the conversation went:

Tyra and Braxton came running up to me saying,
"Mom, mom, can we go outside and play in the snow?"
"Sure, as long as you dress warm."
As they were on their way out the door I said, "Braxton, are you sure you want to go play in the snow with holy jeans and rain boots with no socks?"
"Yeah, mom, I'll be warm!!"
"Okay, but if I were you, I probably wouldn't lay down in the snow."

At first everything looked great... just two happy kids playing in the snow.

The next thing I knew, I looked out the window and saw Tyra not being able to resist the temptation of making a snow angel and her little brother quickly following her example.

As Braxton was flipping snow all over the place I hear, "Mom, this is so much fun! I'm not even cold!"

A few seconds later, I see the realization on Braxton's face that he might have been wrong. "Mom, I got snow down my pants and in my boots."
I can't tell you hard it was not to say I told you so.

It was such a sad sad day for my little guy to learn a lesson, but sure enough, he quickly came in and got good jeans, socks AND snow boots on! After that, the kids played out in the snow for a few hours and had a blast.

Meeko on the other hand was NOT having quite so much fun. It's kind of hard going potty in four inches of powdered snow, when your legs are only three inches long!

In the meantime, TJ wasn't in the mood to get all cold and wet, so instead, this is what he did.

TJ's friend Ben, gave him a Spiderman game for the Playstation. TJ doesn't really play video games that often, but since he got this game, he and Tommy have been having so much fun trying to pass all of the levels. I guess as long as there is a little father-son bonding going on, it can't hurt anything, right??

Here is a picture of our sweet new kitty. We got him last Thursday. TJ named him Simon. I would put this on my Pet's Page, but I have lost my password to get into it. Oops! Hopefully someday I will find it and can update it. I have a lot of cute new pictures for it.

Meeko is not too thrilled about our new addition to the family. Simon doesn't care though. He tries to play with her anyway. My cat is Utah, Jayce is TJ's, Maggie is Tyra's and Ruffus is Braxton's. So, now we just need a NEW baby so Simon can be someones! Meeko and the bird are mine too. Tommy just has the 2 chickens, Nugget and Popcorn!! HA! HA! Sandwich drowned within the first week we got them. A few months later, my monster cats broke into the chicken coop and killed 7 more of the original 10. They were; Parmesan, Teryaki, Barbecue, Fillet, Alfredo, Strips and Malibu. Tommy named them. Pretty cute, huh?

Here is a picture of our bird Elly. (Short for Elliot, I guess.) He was named when we got him. I believe he is about 7 or 8 years old. He says "Rock and Roll" and "Pretty Bird". I haven't ever posted about him before because I was originally just keeping him for a while for Braxton's birth mom, Amber's Mother-in-law. But it has been so long now, that I am thinking he will be staying with us for good. If I can ever get into my Pet's Page, I will tell all of the other cute things he does.

5 comments:

The Hunters said...

You guys got alot more snow than we did down here. I'm not ready for it to get snowy & cold. I love your new kitty, he is very handsome!!

Jess said...

Looks cold! I am so not ready for snow! I think you accepted the invitation! It looks like it to me?? I don't see anywhere for guests! C-ya this week!

Kendall and Katy said...

Hey Lorraine,
It's Katy Murdock. I was wondering if you could send me that link you were talking about at class the other night. My email is katyjo18@hotmail.com.
Thanks!

Goodwin Family said...

Hi! It's Cylista, Holly's sister! Looks like your kids had a great time in the snow!!

Joanna said...

you are such a sucker! Of course you will baby sit some ones bird indefinately! Ben Kidd has sunshine, after Jojo baby died I was thru with the whole bird scene & Sunshine needed a friend and I wasn't about to get another one.