Right after school today, I picked the kids up and we rushed over to Ali's house to get their costumes on. This year TJ decided to be Darth Vader for Halloween. We found a little thing that you attach to his mask and it made him sound like he was breathing like Vader. That is what eventually won TJ over. Originally he wanted to be a storm trooper with the cool helmets and all, but the helmet alone was $30.No thanks! The first few Halloween's with my kids, I was all about spending tons of money on costumes, but luckily by now, I have gotten over that.
Tyra decided last year about a week after Halloween that she wanted to be a purple fairy so I bought the costume right away. She changed her mind several times during the year but I kept reminding her about being a fairy. She has already decided that she wants to be a cat next year. I figured this time, I will wait a while before buying the costume. Just in case she changes her mind again!
That was of course back when I spent a lot on costumes! And yes, the Bronco's are Tommy's favorite team, which is one reason he was okay with me spending so much money that year. Here are the kids with Alexis and Siler too. Don't they all look great?
After that, we zipped over to Amber's house and let her see Braxton in his costume. She was sad because she had just gotten out of her costume just before we showed up. Dang! That would have been a cute picture. But this one is cute too!
From left to right this is: Alexis, Zachary, Brittany, Siler, TJ, Braxton, Emily and Tyra. Uncle Shawn, Cody and Uncle Troy are in the back ground. It was fun that the cousins got to spend some time together.
After the Trunk-or-Treat we took the kids into the School Carnival. When we first got there, Tyra and her classmates got to sing a song for the program. It was pretty cute. Then we went to a Magic show. The guy was a real magician from Las Vegas. His show was about 15 minutes long and the kids all wished it was longer. It actually was a REALLY good show and he did some pretty amazing things. I took a few video clips of it. I will try to put some of them on as soon as I get a chance.
Then we started going through the rooms and playing games. Luckily the company that Troy works for sponsored the carnival this year, so they gave a ton of tickets to their employees. Well, my sweet sister-in-law, Alison, is very generous and shared all of her free tickets with us. I first bought about $10 worth and she had about $60 worth. By the time we used up all of our tickets we hadn't even played HALF of the games. One of the last things we did was go through the spook alley. Tyra wouldn't go though, which I couldn't believe. She is usually my bravest kid. Braxton couldn't wait for me and actually went through with Alexis and her friend. When he first came out the look on his face was priceless. I wish so bad that I would have had my camera ready for it. TJ went through with me and a bunch of the other kids. I took some pictures during it. It really was pretty scary for kids. Tyra really wouldn't have liked it. I can't believe Braxton went through with out an adult. He truly is fearless sometimes.
After what I would say was WAY too long for the adults and not long enough for the kids, we left the carnival and went back to town to Trick-or-treat at Grandpa Lewis and Grandma Dona's house. The kids were getting pretty tired by this point, but were so full of sugar that they couldn't have slept even if they'd tried. We didn't get to stay long at Grandma's because everyone was waiting for us out at Tommy's parents house.



No comments:
Post a Comment