Friday, April 25, 2008

What a wonderful book!

Okay, this morning I read this book after TJ got on the bus and before Tyra did. I was cutting it a little close with giving myself time to get Tyra ready, but once I started reading it, I just couldn't put it down until I was done. First of all, one thing you got to know about me is for some reason, even as a young child, I have ALWAYS been fascinated with the Spirit World and life before AND after death. So, books about 'near death experiences' have really intrigued me. When I was about 12 (around the time my sister died) I started reading all of the "Beyond the Veil" books. Since then, I have read tons of other books on the subject. The thing I have thought is really cool about them all is that, it doesn't matter what Religion anybody is, we ALL seem to die the same. Or atleast have VERY similar experiences with our spirits leaving our bodies. This book is now one of my favorite's on the subject.

The other is called, "The Message" by Lance Richardson. This author actually lived in Idaho Falls, Idaho for several years before he died. His story is so amazing and beautiful. I would recommend either book to everyone to read. It is interesting to me that most 'near death experience' books that leave us with a message, all end up being about the same thing... LOVE. They say that the most important thing we can ever learn in this life is how to love EVERYONE! Which, of course, is one of the first of the 10 Commandments. I truly believe this with all of my heart. All growing up I lived a pretty darn sheltered life and didn't REALLY know what was really going on in the world. One of the greatest blessings I have been given in this lifetime was to be able to adopt through the foster care system. I was much more judgemental of people before I met the parents of both of our foster children. Once I got past the judgements and saw them for who they really were inside and not for the things they did, I learned to love them all so much. My MAIN goal in life, is to learn to love EVERYONE. I try so hard not to judge anyone. I am not always the best at this, as being human we all make mistakes, but I truly do try my best. If there is anyone out there that, at one point in my life, I have offended or have judged, please forgive me. I am SOOOOO sorry. I obviously am still feeling a little emotional after reading that book. I cried SEVERAL times through it. Most the tears were joyful tears of feeling truth radiate within myself, yet some were of guilt and shame for me not being able to be the kind of person I ought to be. During one chapter, I did cry out begging for forgiveness for quite sometime. These are the kind of books I love. Books that make me want and feel the NEED to become a better person. I also love the books that teach me how to do that.

Anyway, the way I came upon this book, is yesterday after my Foot Zoning class my sister and I went to Deseret Industries to find an inexpensive Anatomy book for our class. While I was there, I found "Embraced by the Light" by Betty J. Eadie and also "Life's Interruptions" by Marilyn Whyte/Dorothy Casper. I was so excited to find both. I had heard of the first book several times and just never had the chance to read it and the second book was actually written by my neighbor from where I grew up. She wrote the stories of several tragadies that happened in our little town. My sister's story is Chapter Five. As a little girl, I thought it was so cool to have my very own name in a REAL book. Now, as an adult, I am just so grateful to have her story told in the hopes that it will better someone else's life. Anyway, I was so excited to find it, because I think that it will be so cool to be able to give one to each of my children someday. If you would like to read my sister's story click here: Rachelle's Story

Well, since this post is already religious.... I was just emailed this link from a good friend of mine. I thought it was beautiful so I wanted to share it with everyone that would like to take a look. Reflections of Christ Let me know what you think. I also just added the Reflections of Christ BLOG link to my page. It is on the right hand side under Other Blogs.

3 comments:

The J Fam~ said...

Lorraine,

I have heard you tell the story of your sister before, but not since I became a mother, it is amazing to me how much more it touches you emotionally and how much more meaning the story has, especially for me. That was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for attaching the reflections of Christ to it, it made me cry the 1st time, but sob as I reflected upon Rachelle's story. I feel so blessed to know that there is life after death and that we have the plan of salvation, thanks for sharing.

Becky T said...

Lorraine! Oh my gosh, I'm so excited you have a blog. It's so nice to check in on people and I just can't believe how grown up your kids are. I haven't seen them in ages! They are so beautiful and it looks like you are doing so great. And congratulations on getting your #3 finalized. That is so wonderful! I look forward to popping in on you now! :)

Oh, and by the way, I saw you asked what kind of camera I have. I use a Nikon D50 digital SLR. I love it! I have a lot to learn still but am having a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Lorraine-your sisters story is very touching. Kimmel told me about Braxtons big news and I just want to tell you congrats...I hope Saturday will be a happy and joyful day. (p.s. if your playing soccer in the fall I will have my nw digital by then and will get some shots for you so you dont have to worry about it.)