Well, today didn't go QUITE as good as hoped for. First of all, last night, TJ couldn't get to sleep, of course. Then around 11pm he came out and said that he STILL couldn't sleep. Later, around 1:30am he said that he had a bad dream. GRRR! A few hours later, when I had to get up at 6am he woke up in a bad mood. I made them a good breakfast and TJ started complaining about having to take his heavy back pack with ALL of his school supplies in it. After he ate half of his breakfast he said his tummy hurt. Tommy was planning on giving the kids a blessing for their first day of school and I was going to have him do it around 7am, but with all of TJ's boobing, I decided to have him do it early. Tommy gave the sweetest blessings. I am so grateful that I am married to someone who holds the priesthood and is willing to give blessings when they are needed. (By the way Marlo, I loved reading your blog about today. I think it is awesome that your husband gives the kids blessings too!)After the blessings, I had TJ go lay down by Tommy so I could finish getting Tyra ready. After Tyra got on the bus, TJ was absolutely miserable. I couldn't figure if he had made himself sick or if he really had the flu or something. I kept telling him that if he was sick he had to stay in his bed. He didn't like that very much. He would come out and tell me that he was bored. I told him that he was lucky that I was letting him watch TV. Eventually he came to tell me that he was hungry again, so I went and made him chicken noodle soup. He only ate about 5 bites and then he said he was feeling sick again.
I told him that if he went to school today, then he wouldn't have to bring his heavy back pack on the bus, because I'd be bringing him. Finally, he agreed, but he still wanted me to pick him up from school because he didn't want to ride the bus home. I don't blame him. I used to have to take the same ride as a kid and it is over an hour long. YUCK! Tyra loves it of course. (That way, she gets more social time in!) I finally took TJ to school around 11:45am. He was just in time for lunch which he didn't want to eat, of course. So, I helped him unload all of his stuff from his backpack and then he saw one of his friends and ran off to play. I figured he'd probably be fine until just before the bus ride home and then he'd start saying he was sick again. His teacher told me that she would send him home with a barf bag! I thought that was funny. Although, I was truly hoping that he wouldn't have to use it, because then I would have felt like the worst mother ever, making my kid go to school sick. Luckily, when he got home, he was as HAPPY as could be. So, apparently, he HAD made himself sick. He was going to a new school this year and would have to ride different buses. I think he just couldn't deal with all of the changes. He did tell me though that some kid on the bus was flicking pieces of broken pencil at him and his friend. He preceded to tell me AGAIN, that that is why he hates riding the bus. I felt so bad. Other than that though, he seemed to really have a good second half of his day. I sure hope tomorrow goes okay too.

This morning, Tyra was beaming from ear to ear. She was excited for THIS school year to start, the day LAST years ended. She didn't even care that TJ wasn't going to be on the bus with her. She is so brave and independent. TJ was so nervous to get on the bus because he didn't know what bus to change to. Tyra didn't even think about that. So, I finished getting her all ready and she wanted me to take some pictures of her. How do you like my little poser?? We got her all dolled up with jewelry and everything, but we didn't have time for fingernail polish. Oops! I guess I had better do that the night before next time. Tyra loves getting all dolled up, but thank goodness it wears off after a few months of school!! She is so prissy! That definitely must come from the genes, because she doesn't get that from me.When Tyra got home she ran in and had to tell me ALL about her day. She had SO much fun! She was excited to be able to go to 3 recesses. Her little cousin Siler is in her class and they sit across from each other. She told me that Siler got in trouble twice and she got in trouble once. I only give it about a week before the teacher separates them! They also had preschool together too and used to get in trouble there too. The preschool teacher had to put them in different groups so they were always at different stations. I thought that was kind of funny! Silly kids! Tyra is so excited because tomorrow she gets to bring HOMEWORK home. Yeah, that is the complete opposite of TJ. He could do without school all together, especially the homework. Well, all considering, today ended up being a pretty good day. I am so glad that my kids got such great teachers. I think they are ALL going to have such good years.



1 comment:
TJ has got some serious anxiety build up, wonder why that is. It's funny how different each child is. It's true when they say one type of discipline can work for one but it competely unaffective on the next. Your 3 kids cover every end of the spectrum.
Post a Comment