Friday, August 29, 2008

Me in the ER

I know in some of these pictures it looks like I am smiling, but BELIEVE ME, I wasn't. This is me, lying there in the hospital bed, all curled up and dying in pain. NOT FUN.



This all happened yesterday. It's a long story but to keep it short, I left my house to go to the Emergency Room around 4:30 pm. My good friend and neighbor, Michelle, drove me in. I cried the entire way. I was SO embarrassed. When I got there, Tommy and my mom and dad met me. A little while later, after the doctors and nurses had asked me all of the routine questions, my dad and Tommy gave me a priesthood blessing. I layed there all curled up and dying in pain for over an hour. I was cramping so bad and it was like I was having labor pains. Tommy sat and massaged my lower back while my mom and dad each massaged a foot. I can't tell you how much that helped. I would just get to where I could bare the pain and then another contraction would hit. I would start crying all over again. Man alive, I HATE pain. At least THAT kind anyway. I have passed a kidney stone before and that was terrible, but it still didn't even compare to the pain I get when I am cramping. Finally they gave me a shot for the nausea and another for the pain. Twenty five minutes later they came and asked if it helped at all. NO, IT HADN'T. So, finally, they gave me a narcotic shot. After about 10 minutes, FINALLY... I felt relief. I just couldn't keep my eyes open. It made me SO tired. The pregnancy test came back negative, which I figured it would. I have only been pregnant one time in my life and that was about 11 years ago. Through their blood and urine tests, they couldn't find anything wrong, so they just decided to send me home. I didn't leave until around 8:30 pm, I think. It was a nightmare. Man alive.... what a BAD day. When we got home, another set of our neighbors stopped by and brought cookies and strawberries. I guess they had run into my parents on their way home and my mom and dad had told them what happened. It was so nice of them to come and visit. Although, almost the whole time I talked to them, I had my eyes closed. I was SO tired. Well, by morning I had passed something in my sleep. I go to the doctor on Tuesday morning and so hopefully he will have some answers for me. I guess we will see. All I know, is that I REALLY don't want to go through that again. It was NO fun at all. I will update on the situation when I find out something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better today.

grammie kim said...

What??? Are you ok? email me or let me know somehow what is going on, have you been zoned? kim
we sure missed you last week, its not complete with out all 4 of ya,

Shyanne Butler said...

OH gosh I hope you are feeling better and that everything is okay pleas let me now that you are feeling better,