Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our trip to Salt Lake City

Since our trip to Pennsylvania didn't work out, Tommy and I still wanted to get out of town, so we went to Salt Lake City for the rest of the week. We had lots of fun and ate at some GREAT restaurants! The first one we stopped at was in Pocatello, on the way down to Utah. It is called the 'Grecian Key'. Tommy has eaten there before but I hadn't. He had a Greek Gyro, like usual, and I had Chicken Souvlaki. For our appetizers we had some crispy cheese filled rolls called Tirapitakia and it was SO good. I would eat there again just for that. YUM!!!!

I loved how the Grecian Key was decorated. It was very small and quaint, but I liked the decor so much that I had to get pictures of Tommy and I eating there, so I could get some of it in the background. It was really neat.













That night when we got to SLC, we ate at the restaurant 'Hoppers Grill'. It was VERY good too! I had a club sandwich with bacon and avocados on it. Tommy had some battered chicken strips. We both would definitely eat there again.

After we got back to our hotel, the Extended Stay America, we put our left over food in the fridge. We always seem to get a room with a kitchenette, when we book through Price Line. I hate that Price Line rooms are non-refundable, as we paid for a week in Pennsylvania too, but other then that, they are great, we always get good prices through them! A little later Tommy went down to the car to get something out of it, and it was roped off by the police. Apparently, a guy from the car right next to ours got robbed. I took a picture of all of the cop cars from inside our hotel room. That made us a little nervous thinking that maybe we might not have picked the right side of town, but everyone assured us that things like that never happen in there, so we ended up just thinking it was kind of funny. I do have to say though, that I am very glad it wasn't us that got robbed. Just one more reason, that we love living where we do. We never have to worry about that stuff.

Thursday night we ate at the 'Macaroni Grill'. Another restaurant that we would highly recommend. I ate so much, I felt like it was Thanksgiving Day. I didn't actually take this picture. I got it off of the internet. I forgot to bring my camera with my that day, so I took a picture with Tommy's camera. As soon as I get it from him, I will put my picture on.

Friday night, we decided to go Mexican. We had several choices but ended up eating at 'Su Casa Mexican Restaurant'. I had my favorite, Chile Relleno's and Tommy had their Chile Verde, which was actually more like, Chile Colorado. It was okay. I am not sure I'd recommend it. I like Mexican food that has a little bit more kick to it. I didn't get a very good picture of it either, but I figure it doesn't matter since I probably wouldn't eat there again. Next time, we will probably eat at 'Silvestres' or one of the other choices.

Saturday night, after a long day of shopping for our kids school clothes, we ate at the 'Jumbi Island Grill'. I was a little worried to eat here at first, but we decided that we wanted to eat at several places that we had never eaten at before. But I do have to say that once we got our food, I was pleasantly surprised. It was also VERY good, and we would eat there again too, if given the chance!

In the morning, we ate at 'IHOP'. Of course it was good too! French toast and pancakes... Delicious!!!

When we got back, we went to Tommy's parents house to pick up the kids. While we were there we had a Birthday Party for everyone in the family who has August birthdays. It was a fun party, but I was very glad to get home to our kids and our own beds after it was over. Although, it has been a long hard week, Tommy and I really did enjoy spending time together and we had tons of great food too! Now I can't wait until we go back to Salt Lake next time.

No comments: