Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Little Braxton

This post is going to be about my little Braxton. He is squished behind me, on my chair, combing my hair right now, as I write this post. He is hanging over my shoulder now, trying to push the keys on the keyboard with the comb, just to be obnoxious!! That is My Braxton. He is now laughing hysterically while pulling up my left eyelid. Then he asks me if that hurts. I'll tell you, this kid laughs like a dork, just to make HIMSELF laugh!

Yesterday was kind of crazy because we aren't normally alone with each other the entire day. In the morning, he was SO upset because he didn't get to ride the bus with the other kids, so that already started the day off bad. In the beginning it was actually pretty nice. Tommy came in and said, just think, if we were done having kids, then at this time next year you'd be home all day by yourself. I reminded him that Braxton would only be in Kindergarten, so it would only be half a day. But then I was thinking about it, and I thought, as great as it would be to be able to get everything done that I wanted, it sure would be lonely.

A little later Braxton eventually got so obnoxious, that I decided that a nap would do him some good. While he was napping, it was nice because I did get my check book balanced, but after having noise from Braxton ALL day long, (because for anyone that knows him, you know that he truly NEVER shuts up) it sure seemed too quiet. Right now he has my face covered with a blanket and he is giggling. He just asked me if I could see and if it is hot in there. I am going to have to go back and fix all my typing mistakes when my face is uncovered. He just said, "When you say please take it off, then I will." So I did, and he said "NO!!!" OK! That is enough, time to get down now Braxton.

Anyway, he just put orange goggles on and he is mooing like a cow as he is tugging at my arm and pulling my ear. I just asked him how a COW got in my house and he is laughing so hard. This is just a little of how my day goes with this kid. This is all of the time, whether I am playing with him or whether I am busy doing something else. He is now hanging the goggles on my ear. What a goof ball!!!

He was SO unbelievably excited when TJ and Tyra got home off of the bus. Tyra is always so good to play with him. TJ pretty much needs his alone time after a long day at school. It usually takes him a few hours before he is okay with playing with Braxton again. As for all of us, as much as he drives us crazy sometimes, ya just gotta LOVE the kid!!!! We love you Braxton!

Here is a video clip of Braxton trying to say "CEREAL". I thought it was cute and figured it would be fun to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE all love the little Dennis!! He i sooo cute. Keep up the good work, you are a great mother!!!! love you!!