Monday, September 1, 2008

Tribute to "Bring the Rain" ****

Last night was beautiful. A very good friend of mine had a link on her blogspot that seemed like a worth while read. Every once in a while, when I find a blogspot that I really like, I will start reading in from the very beginning so I know I won't have missed anything. This happened to be one of those blogs. I started reading it around 9pm, just after I got the kids in bed, and I kept reading it until I couldn't hold open my eyes for one more second, which was around 4am. I read all of it except for the last probably 6 blogs. (I finished those this morning.) I finally had to quit because my head was pounding and my eyes were so blurry and dry that I couldn't read anymore. I have to admit that I have cried a lot during these past 6 weeks, but last night just about did me in. I bawled and bawled and bawled. (Look Tommy, I spelled it right!!) Shyanne, my friend who introduced me to this blog, (who is actually Braxton's birthmom's sister) said that it was a tear jerker. Okay, I do believe that it is much more than that.

I would invite anyone and EVERYONE who reads my blog, to take the time to read this story. But I would hope that everyone will start from the beginning, in order to feel the full affect of the story. This story starts on January 7th, with a mother who finds out there are complications with her pregnancy. It has helped me so much. I have a few quotes from these pages. The first was written on January 17th.

"Do I think He wants me to suffer? No. Do I wonder if He has turned His back on me? He never would. Do I wish it was different? Yes. Do I think He could heal her and just call it a day? I absolutely do. Do I want Him to be glorified more than I want to change things? Truthfully, the answer is "I think I do, but Lord this hurts."

This quote has a little different meaning to me then it did to the author and very few people would know what that is. But just know that it means the world to me. Every word. Especially the part about healing her.

The next quote is from March 13th.

"I am (truthfully) completely at peace allowing Him to have the final say. It isn't because I'm so super-spiritual or because I have a more direct line to God than anyone else. He tells us we can trust Him with our lives, and I simply choose to believe Him."

I do BELIEVE, and by following the example of Angie Smith.... As for today, "I will stop praying for sunshine and I will welcome whatever makes the soil rich."

BRING THE RAIN!


To read this story, please click on the title of this post or click on the link, Bring the Rain on the right side bar of my blogspot. If anyone reads it, please let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Becky T said...

Hi Lorraine. I saw your comment on my blog. I don't have access to everything right now and I'm not sure I have your email address, but if you want to email me you can at beckythalgott at yahoo dot com and I'll hopefully get to it when things settle down for us. Thanks.