Tommy and the kids have been camping with his family since yesterday. He picked them up from my mom's house while I was in class. I met up with him after my class got over today. We got out early, so that was AWESOME!! I drove a few hours to Mackay (pronounced "Mack-ee" for those of you who are not from around here). When I got there everyone was gone four wheeling. I was SO sad, because that is my absolute favorite thing to do camping. But on the other hand I was completely beat. So, I took advantage of the half hour I had alone and took a quick rest. After everyone got back, we played some games and had dinner. Then Tommy took our family, and Trey & Alexis (our nephew & niece) fishing. We first went below the dam but there were too many people there so we just took a picture and got the heck outa dodge!
Then we went up to the reservoir. It was pretty windy, so I figured the fishing wouldn't be all that good, but it was still fun. Tommy spent the first 45 minutes getting all of the fishing poles ready for the kids.
TJ did great for the first little bit, but it wasn't long before he got bored from having to get his hook untangled from the rocks and from not getting any bites.
Tyra had fun! She and Alexis did great puting their own worms on too. Tyra's always got a smile for the camera!
Look how serious Braxton is. He is fishing with his new Spiderman fishing pole and tackle box that he got from his birthdad, Jeremiah, and from Grandma Kim for his birthday. The fishing pole even lights up. It's so cute! He has been wanting to use these since the day he got them, so he was SUPER excited to go fishing.
Yes, this is ME holding a disgusting worm. I actually really don't mind puting them on the hook, it's just that when they start squirming around in pain, I just feel terrible for them. I mean COME ON! How do you think that would feel??? Ouch!
Here are some more pictures of our fun day of fishing with out catching anything! (If you put your cursor over the pictures you can read the captions.)



No comments:
Post a Comment