Friday, June 6, 2008

Tyra's dance recital!

Tonight was Tyra's first night of her recital. They are doing it again tomorrow night too. Her team is called Company Z. She has been dancing with them since January. My good friend Mindee is the instructor. She taught Tyra in her 'Mommy and Me' class when Tyra was 2. Mindee is the one who bought my studio from me just after Tyra was born. She was my partner the previous year.

Company Z was the Pre-show for the play Seven Nasty Princesses, put on by CBTA, a new dance company in our town that teaches ballet and theatrical arts. Tyra really wanted to stay after and watch the play but we had to go to Tommy's parents house and try to get things figured out for the funeral. That wasn't fun at all. I am so grateful to my really good friend Kimmel for watching TJ and Braxton for me tonight. We stayed so late at Tom and Jeanne's and come to find out, Braxton got sick and was throwing up and everything a her house. That would have been so hard to deal with while we were right in the middle of all of the funeral stuff. Kimmel is such a good friend. I just love her.

I actually had the hardest time getting Tyra ready for her recital tonight. All day I just didn't feel like doing ANYTHING. Usually it is so fun to get her all dolled up for these things, but I just couldn't get into it. I promised Tyra that we would stay for the play tomorrow night though. Only Tommy and I went to watch her tonight. She did a great job! She did both a jazz dance and a hip hop routine. Tommy didn't have enough time to get her flowers, so I assured her that I was sure he would have some for her tomorrow!! Her little friend is Karlee. She is Mindee's daughter. Aren't they cute?

No comments: