Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tie-Dye T-shirts!!

The kids have been begging me to do Tie-dye T-shirts with them for about a week and a half now, so as soon as TJ got back from Scout Day Camp today, I figured they had waited long enough. Here they are getting their shirts ready to dye.

Now the MESS begins!!!! Right off the bat we were doomed to get messy. The instructions cautioned us that wearing gloves was VERY important because the dye would stain. Well, almost every pair of gloves that came with it, had holes all over in them. Then, I put water in the dye bottles so each of the kids could mix one up. They all started shaking them. The next thing I knew, I looked up and Braxton had green splatters of dye ALL over him. GREAT! I started taking pictures and as soon as I was done, I looked at everyone's shirts and by this time TJ had completely saturated every speck of white on his shirt. ALL of the colors had mudded together. When he realized what he had done, he was pretty upset. I told him that he could make another one if it didn't turn out.

Well, I think this project will absolutely be the messiest one we do all summer. My fingers are going to be purple for a week. It was lots of fun though!!!

My friend took a picture of us with our cool tie-dye t-shirts on. I had just heard the first click of the camera and my eyes were closed, so I hurried and opened them just in time for the flash to go off. This is the result, so sorry I look goofy!!

Didn't the kids shirts turn out great? TJ DOES want to make another one though, which is okay as long as he is the ONLY one making the mess. It will be a little easier to monitor one kid then it was three!

1 comment:

Alanna said...

This looks so fun. I was visiting Jessica and Shawn's blog and I saw there link to your blog. Small world i went to school with Jessica.