Saturday, June 21, 2008

Party Crashers!

Okay, so here is how the story went. We were heading past town on our way to a family reunion, (... which can you believe? I didn't take ONE photo at. Oops!) when my kids looked out the window and saw THIS.........................

So, needless to say, during the WHOLE reunion they kept begging to go to the park and play in the jumping house. Well, it really did look too fun to resist, so I decided to take them back to town. When we got there, there wasn't very many kids on it, so they played for quite a while.





Braxton actually did a front flip down the slide in this picture. He bonked his head at the end. It scared me half to death. But luckily he is a tough kid. It didn't even phase him.

Well, as the kids are playing, they look across the park and see THIS.........................

Trying to look past three sets of puppy eyes, I kept telling them that they couldn't play on that one because it was full of water. Tyra kept begging me to take them to Wal-mart to buy them swim suits. Like they don't have enough of those at home! So, originally, I had thought our family reunion was indoors, so I wore long pants today. BIG MISTAKE! By now, I was just about burning up standing in the sun watching the kids play. That water looked great to me too!

Finally I went over and asked a lady if this water slide would be back in the park next weekend. She said, "Oh,.... no! This is a company party." Oh my gosh! I about died. Oops! We totally crashed some one's company party. The lady was so sweet though. She told me just to have my kids play on it anyway and that no one would care. I told her they didn't have swim suits and she said, "Ah heck, just let them go in their clothes. A lot of people are." Well, you know me............... eventually I gave in! We had just spent the night at my mom's house the night before, so my kids all had extra clothes in the car. Thank goodness!! This TRULY was such a blast for the kids. I can't tell you how bad I wanted to climb up there and go down it myself!!!! Ahhh, to be a kid again!






I got tons more really fun pictures from today but I will have to put them into a slide show when I get more time.

No comments: